Sunday, November 1, 2009

Here's The Final Result



So, I decided to go with the Italian Sausage and Ground Turkey Bolognese.

I found the following in fridge and cupboard's:

Ground turkey
Italian Sausage
Celery
Carrot
Onion
Garlic
Green Peppers (from the plant on the deck)
Red Apple (1/2 of one)
Italian Frying Pepper (that has seen better days..cut around the gunk people)
Green Martini Olives (wish I had vodka to put these to even better use)
Chicken Broth
Crushed Tomatoes
Bacon Fat (reserved from days gone by that never goes bad)

Sauteed the sausage and ground turkey in some bacon grease and olive oil. Removed them from the pot and added my diced vegetables and the rest of the kitchen sink!
Cooked those down to soft, added the meat, some chicken broth (the crushed tomatoes are pretty thick and the stock helps loosen the sauce a bit) and the tomatoes.

Along with some dry basil, dry peppeoncini and salt and pepper and now it is simmering away, the Eagles are killing the Giants and I am ready to read my book.

Do the same..you won't be sorry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment